The aft two bays are finished with three coats of epoxy. Though the special clear West System hardener (Number 207) is more expensive it sure is worth it. It stays clear and produces vary little amine blush.
I installed a single layer of 6 oz carbon fiber cloth from chine to chine between frames 110 and 124, where the keel box will be installed. I feel extra reinforcement is necessary because this area of the boat is under large amounts of tensile stress from the keel and chainplates, the 'U' channel shape between the frames will become vary rigid with a relatively small amount of glue and cloth, and the hull bottom and side panel joints are located in this same area.
Working with carbon fiber cloth is a new experience. It is difficult to tell if you have too little, just the right amount, or too much glue in the cloth. Unlike the white S-glass cloth, the carbon fiber cloth does not change colors when it soaks up epoxy. It stays black. There are no visual indicators to the amount of glue in the cloth. I favored applying too much glue, then applied peel-ply, and squeegeed out the extra glue. I think I did fine for my first try but see some areas for improvement.
I weighed the hull yesterday with two bathroom scales. It is now close to 200 pounds. I think I'm on track for a boat under class weight of 800 pounds considering I've used between 8 and 9 sheets of okoume plywood, 2 1/2 gallons of epoxy, and several feet of 10 oz biaxial glass tape.
Progress will probably slow down a little now as I have to finish shaping and glassing the keel. I've also decided to use a slightly different design of keel box then the plans call for. I'm still hoping to have the back cockpit floor and sides installed before it get too cold next to the garage door.